"Don't mistake SF for prophecy; it's possibility and
"Last Resort Pioneers" to
Mission Mars: Building Red, edited by
Janet Cannon, an anthology about colonizing Mars.
"The Demons of Witmer Hall" to
The Change: Tales of
Downfall and Rebirth, edited by S. M. Stirling
"How Savio Arcaini Came by His Sword" in Fantastical Visions Vol. IV,
edited by William H. Horner III.
"St. Cyrus Ray and the Lunar Yumbies" in Houston, We Got Bubbas,
edited by Selina Rosen, Yard Dog Press. The fourth in the acclaimed Bubbas of the Apocalypse series of anthologies.
"Supercargo" in Baen's
Universe, a great e-zine edited by Eric Flint available in
Issue 2, August 06 and now available for free online.
"High Wire" in Running the Line: Stories of the Space
Elevator from the Clarke-Bradbury International Science
Fiction Competition, edited by Bradley Edwards and David Raitt. This
was a case of submission to a contest, no notification, and surprise
"Grunge the Dissatisfied" Flush Fiction from Yard
Not only is it a great collection of flash fiction pieces, it's also for a good cause.
"Larry and Joe Bob Do
Asscrackistan" International House
of Bubbas,edited by Selina
of the Future Vol. XXI, edited by Algis Budrys, Galaxy Press, Sep 05. (WotF
"The Thinking Part is Me" F/SF,
edited by David Bain, Cyber-Pulp Books, Jun 05, but not at that price!
"Two Rooms and All the Electricity You Can Eat" All
the Rage This Year, edited by Keith Olexa, Phobos Books, Oct 04 (Phobos
"Oaken Memory" PanGaia
Magazine Issue 37 Nov 03/Feb 04
- "The Manure Factor" to Forbidden Texts,
edited by David Bain, an e-anthology and POD book sometime in the
unspecified future. Publisher to be determined. I guess... haven't heard in
ages and it would be safe to say the project is dead.
- Bubonicon--Albuquerque, NM. My new home con .
Some say there's the highest per captia of pro SF writers in NM than anywhere
- FenCon-- Dallas, TX. Had a blast. A well
run con now in its eleventh year.
- ConDFW -- Dallas, TX. A few
interesting pics here.
- Apollocon -- Houston, TX. Can't say enough
good things about the con com.
- Conestoga -- Tulsa, OK. May it also be
- Some other Publishers of Note
- Agog! Press --
Cat Sparks is an award winning writer and editor. Watch the Aussie SF
revolution as it starts.
- Yard Dog Press -- Selina Rosen is
a force of nature and a professional editor (and writer). YDP is by her own
account a micro-press, but she's taking the chances big publishers won't.
- K. D. Wentworth -- I'll miss
- Victor Milan -- Author of
The Cybernetic Samurai that changed my writing and
world philosophy when I first read it. Now with an epic fantasy
Dinosaur Lords! Dinosaurs and knights! How could you beat
- Ian Tregillis -- Currently
working on his Alchemy Wars trilogy.
Also a fellow scientist.
- Melinda Snodgrass -- A
dynamic and wonderful author and screenwriter.
- S. M. Stirling -- I read his
The Peshawar Lancers while deployed to
Afghanistan and joined his writing group in New Mexico a number of years
- Alexis Glynn Latner --
My mentor while in Houston and responsible for my first sale to
- Rhonda Eudaly
-- A fellow neo-pro writer who has been wonderful during our first
- Scott and Victoria Nemmers -- Friends from way back at UND (and before).
- Amy Sisson -- Also a neo-pro writer who
has made her mark in the
Strange New Worlds anthologies.
- E. E. Giorgi -- A talented photographer and author. Also a fellow
- Ralan's Webstravaganza -- a must for any aspiring author.
- SFWA -- Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers
of America. The organization that decides who is pro or not. Lots of good stuff
for writers even if not a member.
- OSFW --
Oklahoma Science Fiction Writers. Have no idea how recent this site is...
- Other Stuff
- Stone Soup Films -- Connected
with this artistic effort through Tony Bruno who actually got me writing in high
school. Interesting short films.
- Starlion -- Was involved in the process when this comic book was originally conceived as a novel.
M. T. Reiten
(copy email address)