M. T. Reiten’s Blog (back after a long hiatus…sorta)
- Bubonicon — Albuquerque, NM. My new home con . Some say there’s the highest per captia of pro SF writers in NM than anywhere else.
- FenCon — Dallas, TX. A well run con.
- ConDFW — Dallas, TX.
- Apollocon — Houston, TX. Can’t say enough good things about the con com.
- Conestoga — Tulsa, OK. May it also be remembered fondly.
Publishers of Note
- Yard Dog Press — Selina Rosen is a force of nature and a professional editor (and writer). YDP is by her own account a micro-press, but she’s taking the chances big publishers won’t.
- Phobos Books — Had been running the Phobos Awards.
- Fantasist Enterprises —Publishers of Fantastical Visions anthologies. Nice books with great production values.
- K. D. Wentworth — I’ll miss her.
- Victor Milan — Author of The Cybernetic Samurai that changed my writing and world philosophy when I first read it. His last books were an epic fantasy trilogy Dinosaur Lords/Knights/Princess! Dinosaurs and knights! How could you beat that! I’ll miss him too.
- Ian Tregillis — Currently finished his Alchemy Wars trilogy. Also a fellow scientist.
- Melinda Snodgrass — A dynamic and wonderful author and screenwriter.
- S. M. Stirling — I read his The Peshawar Lancers while deployed to Afghanistan and joined his writing group in New Mexico a number of years later.
- Alexis Glynn Latner — My mentor while in Houston and responsible for my first sale to PanGaia.
- Rhonda Eudaly — A fellow neo-pro writer who has been wonderful during our first collaborative effort.
- Scott and Victoria Nemmers — Friends from way back at UND (and before).
- Amy Sisson — Also a neo-pro writer who has made her mark in the Strange New Worlds anthologies.
- Cat Sparks — Just published her first novel Blue Lotus!
- E. E. Giorgi — A talented photographer and author. Also a fellow scientist.
- Ralan’s Webstravaganza — a must for any aspiring author.
- SFWA — Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America. The organization that decides who is pro or not. Lots of good stuff for writers even if not a member.
- OSFW — Oklahoma Science Fiction Writers.
- Stone Soup Films — Connected with this artistic effort through Tony Bruno who actually got me writing in high school. Interesting short films.
- Starlion — Was involved in the process when this comic book was originally conceived as a novel.